Monday, 5 May 2014

#MorrisonsMum - Welcome to your NEW cheaper Morrisons

Morrisons Sign, Morrison's, Shop, Supermarket, my life my son my way,
I was recently chosen as a #MorrisonsMum alongside some lovely other parent bloggers (Mums & Dads). We were sent £80 in Morrisons vouchers and asked to do a shop over the bank holiday... easy really as we shop in Morrisons anyway so we were happy to take this challenge on.
 

A bit about The New Cheaper Morrisons

Morrosons, Cheaper, Offers, Supermarket, Shop, my life my son my way,
From 1st May, Morrisons have cut the prices on over a thousand of your favourite products. Not temporary reductions or supermarket smoke and mirrors, these are new every day low prices on the things you buy every week. So you’ll notice the difference with every shop.

And although they’re cutting prices, they’re not cutting corners. You can check their pricing at
www.Morrisons.com/pricecuts.

You’ll still get award-winning meat and fish, still get trained butchers and bakers, still get the best of fresh on Market Street and still get friendly Morrisons service.

Look out for the yellow markers when you shop in store and online at morrisons.com. If it says I’m cheaper you know it’s staying cheaper.
 
Morrisons, Shop, Money, Vouchers, my life my son my way,Morrisons, Shopping, Shop, Supermarket, Reading, my life my son my way,
So this morning we put our vouchers in our pocket and off we went.
 
As you walk into the store in Reading you are greeted by a very colourful  Market Street you'll find all the fresh fruit and veg you will ever need in the Greengrocer.

Morrisons, Greengrocers, vegetables, my life my son my way,Fruit, Fresh, Morrisons, supermarket, shop, my life my son my way,
 
Next door to the veg is the Fishmonger.
 
We love seafood. I am very much an 'it has to be fresh, not frozen' type of mum and so having a Fishmonger in store is perfect for our weekly shop.
 
my life my son my way, fish, fishmonger, supermarket, shop, fresh, my life my son my way, fish, fishmonger, supermarket, shop, fresh, food,

The fishmonger has a great selection of different seafood and always has some kind of  'Special Offer' on.
 
The Best Bit....
They can package your fish up in a 'ready to cook' packet with the seasoning of your choice,
Wait for it.... FOR NO EXTRA COST!!
Fishmonger, Morrisons, ready to cook, food, fresh, my life my son my way,fishmonger, morrisons, Kyd, ready to cook, food, fish, seafood,

 
A fillet of fish from the Morrisons Fishmonger with a knob of seasoned butter can cost under £2 each person, takes 15mins in the oven and is a perfect quick and healthy lunch for growing kids. We love it.
 
Then there's the Deli, Butcher and the Bakery... and lets face it, who can't resist the smell of freshly baked bread?!
 
Fresh, Bread, Morrisons, Bakery, smell, my life my son my way,

Value for money...

Pimms, Summer, Offers, supermarket, shop, alcohol, drink, Morrisons, my life my son my way,Morrisons, Beer, offers, supermarket, shop, money off, wold cup, my life my son my way

As you walk around the store there are so many offers on that it can be difficult to pick between which you actually need or which you just think 'oooooo that's a great offer I must have it' so you have to be quite strict with yourselves if you're on a budget. I'm like a child when shopping according to Hoff, so I have to be watched, I am known for randomly putting a packet of doughnuts or Mr Kippling's in the trolley when he's not looking.
 
Steak, Food, Offers, Morrisons, supermarket, shop, my life my son my way,Morrisons, Sticker, book, offers, World Cup, supermarket, shop, my life my son my way,

They have some fantastic offers on this Bank Holiday and actually we find that their weekly offers never fail to impress us so the news that they've marked down so many of our normal buys is brilliant for us. Check out the link at the top for more updates on their offers.
 

Our Buys...

I was so looking forward to lunch, Kyd wanted fish so we bought all this for just over £14...
(we won't use all of each item today and doing the rough maths makes this lunch £10.40 which is only £2.60 per head)
 
4x Seabass Fillets - £4
1x Vici Seafood Sticks - £1.29
1x Freshly cooked French Stick - 50p
1x Baby Potatoes - 99p
1x Spring Onions - 49p
1x pack of Peppers - 99p
1x Twin Pack Buttertip Salad - £1.29
1x Coleslaw - £1.59
1x Strawberries - £3.00
Fish, potato salad, salad, bread, food, my life my son my way,
 
and for today's Dinner we bought all this for £13.43
(minus the rest of the Balsamic bottle is only £3.17 per head)
 
4x Rump Steaks - £7.66 (1/2 price offer)
4x Sweet potatoes - £1.28
1x Morrison's Balsamic Vinegar - £2.99
1x Broccoli - 49p
4x Morrison's Mint Choc Ice Cream Cones - £1
 
For a bit of fun for tomorrow...
1x Gingerbread man kit - £1.69
1x Cookie Mix - 95p
 
shopping, supermarket, Kyd, Morrisons, my life my son my way,
 
We spent our £80 wisely, lots of fruit and veg, meat and fresh goods and it was definitely cheaper than our normal weekly shop even without really trying... Kyd even sneaked in a few treats, consisting of a Pannini World Cup sticker album and stickers, a Monsters Inc magazine for Rocky and some cat and dog treats for the Fur Babies.
 
We even snuck in a few treats for ourselves.... Welllllll, what is a Bank Holiday without a little Pimms?? (£13 was £20)
 
Pimms, alcohol, drink, strawberries, lemonade, garden, summer, my life my son my way,
 
Thanks Britmums for making me a #MorrisonsMum it has been tasty!
 
 
***Although I was compensated by Britmums and Morrisons for writing this review all opinions and experiences are my own.***
 
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BiBs2014Shortlist
 
I've been shortlisted for this years Brilliance in Blogging awards alongside some amazing names and blogs.
If you like this post please vote for me, I'd really appreciate it and I may even share my gin if I get through to the final 6...
*disclaimer* may, I said 'may share my gin' #justsaying

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great shop. I'd be interested to hear more about your fish meals as we don't eat nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shop, this has been such a fun challenge. Your seabass lunch sounds great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. celebratingmums6 May 2014 at 19:03

    So pleased to hear you had a positive experience and cheers on the Pimms! Commenting for myself @kateonthinice and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx