Monday, 16 July 2012

Rocky: Day 6 - Welcome Home..... Again!

Today I was slightly in a better mood. He had woken all by himself for a feed TWICE! He had taken the full 50ml too on all of his feeds last night. I was sure he'd put on weight this morning but we had to wait and see!

The nurse then came in and weighed him.... with baited breath I was staring at her, praying in my head that she'd say 'You've done it'.... and then she said 'Hold on I'll check.... Yep he's put it on.... not much but he's put on what he lost yesterday!'....... OK so I didn't expect him to have put on a stone or even a whole lb but I expected more than he had done! Boo Hiss.... Anyway a little was more than non I suppose! We were told that we could go home tonight IF he fed well today.... then we would be seen tomorrow by the midwife to check his weight again!

The rest of the day went as follows....
Nappy,
Wake,
Feed,
Sleep,
Daddy & Kyd arrive,
Kyd goes to hospital Play Room,
Nappy,
Wake,
Feed,
Sleep,
Nappy,
Wake,
Feed,
Sleep,
Kyd has my dinner,
Repeat the N, W, F, S routine until we saw the doctor.

This was going quite well, It was boring but it went well! He was waking to feed, latching on to me.... eventually, even if he did drop it a lot and then getting more sleep because of it I THINK WE ARE OVER THE HUMP. But waiting for the doctor wasn't helping my fear that we weren't going home tonight. I decided that as Kyd had school the next day and Hoff had to take him home, we'd need to know asap, as if he left he couldn't come back to get us because Kyd would be in bed! SOOOO I took matters into my own hands and asked the lovely nurse... who we just so happened to know..... and asked her to chase the doctor up on a decision!

DOCTOR'S DECISION... You can go home!! Just keep up with the feeds and ring if there is a problem.

I have never been so ready to leave anywhere so quickly I literally was out and home within 25mins of that decision! We have just got home at 8.30pm.... We had to ask nicely but we got here. I am in agony now I can hardly walk! I HATE CAMP BEDS........ and maybe Labour too! lol I can't wait to sleep in my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment xx