Wednesday, 20 June 2012

When Nanny Comes To Stay (a poem)


Nanny lives in Yorkshire, She lives there by the sea,
She works in the big hospital where she drinks lots of tea.
She also works at the Coastguard where she uses BIG binoculars,
She always gets to go on boats and fly in BIG helicopters.
She likes to draw and paint, She likes the Cricket too,
We always have Bacon Sandwiches on the beach where we laugh at donkey poo.

When Nanny comes to stay it makes me smile and jump and sing,
I spend the whole day asking When? and Where? and thinking what's she going to bring?
Nanny comes down on the train and she always brings her suitcase,
She always brings us presents, which puts a huge smile on my face.
She also eats squashed bananas and she drinks a lot of Tea,
She takes me to school in the morning and she reads funny books to me.
She helps me with my words and sounds, like Puh puh puh and Suh,
She drives my mummy crazy, she spends the whole time saying SHHHHHHHHH!!

I don't often get to see her but when I do it's lots of fun,
We laugh a lot and play silly games and enjoy annoying Mum.
We may not get much time together but I love her lots and lots,
She spends all of her time, when here, WITH ME....... when she's not out buying cots...

I will soon have to share her with my baby brother,
But even though I have to share the time, she'll know how much I love her.
Next time she comes to stay he will be right here next to me,
And there will be lots and lots for her to do and lot's for her to see.
I will have to help her with the baby and show her what to do,
But I'm sure if she loves me........ she will always love him too.



When Nanny comes to stay I have the biggest smile on my face,
But when she leaves I get so sad......... well until the next time she brings her case!

Kyd xxx

(Kyd told me everything he loved about his nanny coming to stay, I then put it into a poem for him.... his list of things were hard to group together so excuse the randomness of it all)

3 comments:

  1. Good job Baillie - awesomeness :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to
    see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just so
    she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    Feel free to surf to my page; Abercrombie Paris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx