Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Pregnancy Diary: 23/05/12 - Hellllllo Sunshine!! Goodbye Leggings!!

I may regret writing this in a few weeks due to over heating but.........
  
HELLLLLOOOO SUNSHIIINNNNEEEE!!!

Goodbye cold nasty rainy weather and having to wear extra layers, drying the washing on the radiators and carrying a brolly!!....

Yesterday saw the start of a little heat wave, when I say little it's because this is in fact England and will no doubt last only a few days. So I'm making the most of it. I've done more loads of washing in the past 2 days than in the past few weeks. I've washed all the babies things, they've dried and then been put away within a few hours... it's like heaven. All my windows are open fully to air the smell of winter out of my house, I don't know what winter smells like but you know what I mean and most importantly of all.... I can wear flip flops, all my lovely maternity wear that has been too summery to wear up until now and I don't have to wear leggings, which have become my only option during pregnancy!!

You see as a 6ft woman clothing companies don't think you can have babies for some reason..... even the tall lady clothing companies (aimed at middle aged women because young 6ft women don't exist) give you all of a few options of clothing and they charge you stupid amounts for the privilege. I am not about to pay a stupid amount of money for a pair of trousers that don't fit properly, look awful and make me feel like I've aged 20 years, just to wear them for a few months of pregnancy...... what a load of..... SOOOO leggings became my best friend... and then my most hated item in my wardrobe.

Maternity leggings go over your bump, lovely and comfy etc but finding tops that cover my ever growing bump and my bum at the same time has become hard work, even my dresses are starting to look silly now.... Also putting them on has become just as hard as covering them up. My bump gets in the way now, I find myself getting in various yoga positions just to put them on because it's been too cold not to wear them. Plus when trying to look even slightly smart, leggings aren't really that lovely looking and they look a bit silly with certain outfits.

I did manage to find a dress for a charity ball in my wardrobe that fit and did look almost ok with just tights and flats but I just looked huge in it!! It's not really something I could wear regularly either so it didn't count!!

Just to top off the stress of the legging situation, the fact I can't wear slip on shoes, pumps, flip flops etc in the rain has been hard work. I have worn through the only pair of pull on boots I had because they were all I could wear... these also didn't go with anything I had that fit over my bump so making my clothing choices even harder. I moved on to my Ugg boots but when it rained my feet got wet. Then my only dry foot boot option was a lace up army boot, which I could get on but not off, so once on, they stayed on, well until Hoff got home to take them off! This did become quite funny but very frustrating. They also didn't look right with many of my outfits so I was restricted from my restrictions.

Socks were just as hard work but with boots I had no choice but to wear them... the yoga poses also came out for this part too. Which isn't easy with the length of my legs I can hardly touch my toes as it is!!! *I'd like to add I've never done Yoga so I'm guessing these are yoga poses*

BUT NOW... Sunshine!

I can wear a lovely maxi dress that covers my belly, bum & legs, I have quite a few in the wardrobe so I don't even have to buy new ones. I can bypass the socks and boots and go straight to the flip flops and slip ons. I can in fact feel like a girl, with options..... I'm so happy.... this better continue! I'm not too fussed about feeling too hot I'd rather that than be too cold & it's a good excuse to eat as many ice lollies as possible.

I'm just going to pretend I'm Kimberly Stewart for a bit... humour me!!
Only problem is... I'm paler than milk and my feet are all wintery and horrid.... I need some fake tan & I definitely need a pedicure.... HOFFFFFFFF!!!

11 comments:

  1. At 32 weeks myself I am loving the sunshine too and the outfits I can wear. I have lots of summery maternity skirts and a few dresses as have had two previous summer babies. You are looking fab by the way...not huge at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best wedding planning i - Pad app is the one that is easy to use and has all of the organizational tools needed to plan an awesome wedding.
    Meredith's mother suffered from Alzheimer's in prior seasons.
    An increasing number of marrying couples (particularly those entering second or later
    marriages) will request that guests refrain from giving gifts.


    Feel free to visit my blog wedding website affiliate programs
    Also see my page > free wedding website advertising

    ReplyDelete
  3. can be included. Obesity is an epidemic in our society.

    Ingredients.

    My website - paleo diet acne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still have to expert all of those other guitar chords
    so as to engage in very easy popular music.
    Do not overlook this part of your learning. offers free online piano lessons.


    Feel free to visit my website; easy piano chords amazing grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Thank you rounds are always welcome, of course. Below are listed a few popular pubs where one can chill in Mumbai.
    Theme Format: It is almost like standard format
    of the pub quiz.

    Look into my weblog: clever pub quiz names

    ReplyDelete
  6. The decor on the inside of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful.
    Below are listed a few popular pubs where one can chill in Mumbai.
    28.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage :: pub quiz anagrams

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMEN CHRISTOPHER!!!!!! Wonderful HOW Often We've got To be 100% HUMBLED Before We are able to Actually KNOW WHO Enjoys US Towards the DEPTH OF NO OTHER AND That's OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!
    !!!

    Also visit my blog :: free natural premature Ejaculation Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Narrow blood vessels lie alongside the intestines of the earthworm and they absorb the nutrients from the alimentary canal
    feeding the rest of the body. Anna had been looking through my phone while I was naked.

    8.

    my website; pub quiz area

    ReplyDelete
  9. Narrow blood vessels lie alongside the intestines of the earthworm and they absorb the nutrients from
    the alimentary canal feeding the rest of the body.
    Below are listed a few popular pubs where one can chill in Mumbai.
    The Bull's Head Pub, Bangkok.

    my blog post; pub quiz and answers general knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  10. DJ spins out on Saturday nights. Anna had been looking through my phone while I was naked.
    The buccal cavity is a small cavity that has neither jaws nor teeth.



    Here is my weblog ... pub quiz anagrams

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are many sources to choose from that can offer simple solutions to the problems you are experiencing
    with your canine. Another tip is to start with the basic skills.
    It is wise to take the classical conditioning method first because it is easier to do.



    Feel free to surf to my weblog ... bird dog training articles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx