Monday, 6 June 2011

A 'not so' quick 4 in 1 catch up...

Right, to all you Blog fans, I'm sorry I have been a bit quiet this week I've been...
A, Busy with the Crazy one and half term,
B, Ill (partly self inflicted but sympathy welcome),
& C, Just a bit lazy to be honest.

So I have decided to do a quick run down on one post... Four post's in One...


I'll start with following up my last post/rant...

Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Tolson. A beautiful wedding, in a beautiful location, with beautiful people!

Mrs Emma Tolson is a girl after my own Heart and everything was done to perfection. She created all the Invites, favours etc herself and I was very impressed with all the finer details that she'd dreamt up and created. The venue was amazing. Compton Acres, Poole is a beautiful setting for the perfect traditional White wedding. It was indeed the WOW factor that all brides dream of. Check out the link it's just beautiful. Amazing wedding Breakfast too by the way, yummy yummy yum yum!! I'd eat that every day if I could!
OK so I did get slightly drunk... OK very drunk but it's a wedding and that is, of course, the done thing to do... I mean Kris and Emma sort of expected it and who am I to disappoint! But I must say this... Their 1st dance was just BRILLIANT. Kris is well known amongst his friends as a bad dancer... but after a few **cough cough 6 months of** dance classes they created the most amazing waltz and jive with a bit of Fresh Prince of Bel Air dancing thrown in the middle... all very YouTube worthy I can't wait to see the video back. But after that it was just too hard to follow on the dancing stakes... But The Hoff, also known as 'The Grandad dancer' and
Johnny or as Rhys would call him 'the Giraffe' quite frankly went in to it as a challenge to rekindle Kris' past moves... :rollseyes: the word I want to say is Special but as you know I hate that word... although in this case...

Just an amazing day and night all round and I think you'll agree from the picture above, the bride looked fabulous... and Kris scrubbed up quite well too! I do hope they are enjoying Egypt... I am not jealous in any way shape or form. (she says with gritted teeth!)
Well Done to you again Mr & Mrs T.



WELL THE NEXT PART...

FOOTBALL... (please feel free to skip to AND FINALLLLY... if Football is not your thing lol)

less said the better Really but I'll just comment on the pre match part... after that I'd like to forget if that's possible...


Right well all the expectation and excitement of what could be about to happen was at it's peak before kick off at The Green Man Pub, Wembley last Monday. Where 2000 Reading FC fan's old and new (the new also known as plastics) gathered with anticipation and let's just say there was a lot of Dutch courage flowing. Kid was, quite frankly, in his element! Mr Kid 'I Love People' Baillie was stood on a table in the centre of the pub garden, surrounded by fellow fans, singing away to Reading songs and loving all the banter... which he probably didn't understand... (just to note he was very safe and surrounded by family and friends so couldn't fall, get lost or come to any harm). I was pottering around for ages just bumping into fellow friends and RFC fans from Facebook and Twitter and so on which had been interacting with me prior to the game, I almost felt famous! lol not quite but I felt very over whelmed with the amount of people who knew my name... Shut up now Alice you sound big headed...

Anyway at the height of the excitement a friend of mine popped Kid on his shoulders and carried him off to join in a bit of a sing song further into the crowd... funnily enough this was the same friend who disappeared into the Reading Festival crowd with him a few years previous... YES Matthew Harden this is you I am talking about... Matt is in the Navy (which means he has a uniform girlies!!) and is based in Pompey most of the time but regularly comes back to Reading for football and drinking reasons. His being in the navy helped as Kid is now a lot heavier than he was at the festival all those years ago and I was shocked he could even lift him lol... Mr Matthew 'navy boi' 'Muscles' Harden is on twitter girls Follow him @MattHarden86... :)

Anyway... The atmosphere in the Greenman Pub was one of the best I have ever encountered before a game and I doubt we will encounter that again any time soon... shame we had to ruin it by watching the game really, In which we lost 4-2. I would say congratulations to Swansea but to be quite honest I'm not going to... I'm still quite bitter and I'm not that nice to be honest lol.



NEEEEEEXXXXXTTTT!!!...

On a lighter Football note...

Well Done Peterborough United FC for your Promotion to the Championship... Now we have decided to stay put in this league, I would like to welcome you by declaring that you, in fact, will be my favourite day trip this coming season!!


I am slightly bias due to contacts at the club but after watching the game last Sunday and following their progress through the lower league, I do believe that they were the deserved winners of their Play Off Final... which I thought would be an omen for ours the next day... But as you've just read it was not meant to be!!
I look forward to my VIP treatment at our away leg of Peterborough vs Reading this season and I have great expectations for the team and their management... and their Press officer (also on twitter ladies @philadlam) who is a very good friend of mine.


AND FINALLLLLY.....

We were in the paper!!!... well sort of...

The part of my life I haven't mentioned yet is my Charity Fund raising for a local charity close to my heart and Kid's The West Berkshire Down Syndrome Group (WBDSG)... in which I will write a post about in the future so won't go too much in to it... I help fund raise for this small, local, family run charity, to give back what I can after all the help and advice given to myself and Kid over the years.


Kid and I have some amazing friends who over the past few months have been giving up their time, effort and money to help us support this worthwhile cause. We've seen friends and organisations donating prizes for an online raffle. An Easter egg hunt run by a school friend of Kid's, Kyle Fraiser, 8, and his mum Stacey, who's lovely idea turned into reality when lot's of children had a lovely day in the sun hunting for plastic eggs and exchanging them for lots of yummy chocolate!!...

And then there was Maskell's challenge...

Mr Neil Maskell, A very good friend of mine, decided he wanted to do something to help Kid's Downs group but couldn't decide what he wanted to do... Here's where the fun started... after an unsuccessful brain storm he suggested we let his Facebook friends decide his fate... very VERY brave of him. I dedicated a status to this idea and asked everybody to decide what they would like to see happen to Maskell or what they would like him to do... Lets just say the suggestions were amazingly imaginative and some weren't acceptable for me to repeat lol... But we did decide on a challenge in the end and in which we were able to add a few surprises that he didn't know were going to happen... :evilsmileonface:

The challenge:
To sit in a bath (paddling pool) of beans and have his legs waxed + extra's.

Cleverly named, Maskell's Bean Waxed, was held at a local pub in Reading, The Fishermans cottage and the locals and staff were really generous and welcoming to us barging in on their quiet Sunday afternoon, so thanks again to them.
We started with the waxing with the lovely Beth Lloyd Beauty Studio... but here's where the 1st surprise came in... Maskell was in fact having his legs waxed in hoops, like his beloved Reading FC shirt. He had no idea this was the plan but he bravely accepted his fate and so the waxing began. I'd like to add the lovely Landlord Ricky also had his scarily hairy back waxed with the initials of the pub too... thanks again.

Next was the beaning and the rest of the surprises... :evilface:

As you can see He had no chance of wriggling out of it with Kid around... The surprises involved Eggs, flour, Quick jel powder, ketchup and Custard. Each surprise added by passers by and friends alike whilst paying for the privilege. He loved it... NOT! He hates ketchup! anything to do with ketchup and this is why it was involved... nasty aren't we! But just remember he had put his fate in the hands of his facebook fans.... silly boy!

All in all it was a brilliant day, we raised £355 all together and the press picked up on the fun and published the pic in the paper!! WE'RE FAMOUS!!!

WELL DONE AND THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED!!!


ANNNNND BREATHE...
Here marks the end of my 4in1 blog... and I am hoping all normality is now resumed... well as normal as it can be... it is me we are talking about!!







Scrap that...

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

So I'm adding a 5th part....


Whilst I've been typing and eating shortbread, My lovely friend has been giving birth to a huge 9lb 13 bubba in the comfort of her bedroom!!!
Carla Palmer you are one brave woman! Kid was 9lb and I thought that was big... jeeeeees what were you eating the past 9 months??!!


Congrats to you all and Welcome to the world baby Richard xxxxx

Right I'm actually going now :)

1 comment:

  1. PS Blogger seems to be not letting me do links today... this is annoying me... grrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xx